Autumn Kale Salad
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- 8-10 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp Bragg’s organic sprinkle
- 2-4 Tbsp walnuts
- 2-4 Tbsp golden raisins
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper and veggie broth to a large pot over medium heat. Cook until tender, or about 3 minutes.
- Add kale; cook until wilted (about 5 minutes). Add a tablespoon of water if it begins to stick to the pan, and repeat as necessary.
- Add corn, beans, apple and dried spices; mix well. Stir continuously for another 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts, raisins and balsamic vinegar; cook until warm.