Special thanks to my coworker RB for giving me the idea for this recipe.
I’ve submitted this recipe to this week’s Healthy Vegan Friday contest.
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup each of red bell pepper and zucchini, finely diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 kiwi, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups or 1/2 block tofu, drained and patted dry, finely cubed
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed with ends cut off
- 1 small lime, cut in half
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except the tofu, romaine lettuce, lime and optional ingredients (nutritional yeast and hot sauce).
- Squeeze the lime over the veggie and bean mixture and mix well.
- Next, take a piece of romaine lettuce and layer veggies and then tofu. If you desire, top with nutritional yeast and hot sauce.