This recipe was inspired by an email from Balarama Heller, who is an amazing photographer (go check out his website!).
- 4 cups of shredded kale
- 4 radishes, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 broccoli head, chopped in small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 6 tortilla shells (Food for Life Ezekiel Tortillas)
- Bragg’s nutritional yeast, to taste
- Add kale, radishes, onion, broccoli, garlic, jalapeño pepper and vegetable broth to a large pan over medium heat. Cover the pan and sauté for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees (for the tacos later). Also, to save time, pop the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 8-10 minutes to cook.
- Add mushrooms, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder to the pan. Lower heat and simmer for another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Now, make the tacos by layering the potatoes, then veggie mixture and topped with nutritional yeast on the tortilla. Fold over and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Put in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Top the taco with Tofutti vegan sour cream, avocado, squeeze of fresh lime and salsa.