- 1 tsp ground cumin (divided)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne red pepper (divided)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes
- Prepare the sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, combine half of each spice – cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes, if desired, and cut into wedges. In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, 1 tsp oil and spice mixture. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake the fries: On a non-stick baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile mix the remaining spices and oil to create a glaze. Drizzle glaze over sweet potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes, or until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through. Serve immediately.
The idea for this recipe came from here.