Power Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 of each zucchini, red bell pepper and green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
- 2 cups fresh tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 block of tempeh, diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp each of Bragg’s organic sprinkle and crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup each of fresh basil and fresh parsley
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts in water, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can tri-bean blend, rinsed (note: if you can’t find these, then use kidney, black or pinto beans)
- 6 shiitake mushroom caps, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add garlic, onion, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes and mango to the vegetable broth. Squeeze half the lemon over the vegetable mixture; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach, tempeh, almond milk, Bragg’s organic sprinkle, crushed red pepper, nutritional yeast, fresh basil and parsley, artichoke hearts and beans. Leave uncovered and lower heat to medium; cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and squeeze the other half of the lemon into the pan; stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked quinoa. Top with nutritional yeast, hot sauce and/or fresh parsley.
This dish is also great over a bed of spinach, which is what I did with the leftovers for lunch the next day (see pictured below).