Tofu Scramble with Peppers
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small green pepper, finely diced
- 1 small squash, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 block tofu, drained and diced in large chunks
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, or about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tofu to the pan and mix well. Add spices to the tofu mixture and stir until fragrant, or about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with hot sauce.
To make breakfast burritos, follow the same steps and add vegan cheese and roll up in a whole wheat tortilla shell. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees until warm.