Sweet Potato Lasagna
- 1 package silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly cut onion
- 2 boxes (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) bag of Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp each of Italian seasoning, parsley and garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow 2-qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix tofu, sour cream, onion, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix spinach, nutmeg and 3/4 cup tofu mixture. Add potatoes to large bowl and toss to coat.
- Layer 1/2 the potatoes over bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 the cheese, and top with the spinach mixture, 1/2 the remaining cheese and all the remaining potatoes. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced through the foil. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes to melt cheese.
The recipe has been “veganized” from Woman’s Day: Wednesday Night is Vegetarian Cookbook.