Vegan Asian Bean Burgers
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of low-sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup plain panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced scallions
- 1 tsp each of ginger and fresh minced garlic
- mixture of 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp water (equivalent to 1 egg), let sit for 1 minute
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mash beans in a medium bowl with a potato masher. Stir in remaining ingredients except oil until well blended. Form into 4-5 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 4 minutes per side and repeat until heated through.
- Serve burgers on oversized buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado and sauce (see below for ingredients and steps).
Mix ingredients in a small bowl:
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 1 Tbsp minced scallions
- 1 tsp lite soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
This recipe was veganized and originally came from Woman’s Day: Wednesday Night is Vegetarian Cookbook.