VeggiePatch Falafel with Peppers Recipe
- 1 cup couscous, cooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, cut in long strips
- 1 of each red bell pepper and green bell pepper, cut in long strips
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped in florets
- 8 oz package of baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp SmartBalance vegan butter
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 package VeggiePatch Falafel Chickpea Balls
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms, along with Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and nutritional yeast to the pan. Saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, or about 5-10 minutes.
2. Add vegetable broth, butter, and spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted.
3. Add VeggiePatch Falafel Chickpea Balls, reduce heat and simmer for an extra 5 minutes.
4. Serve over couscous and enjoy!