Bean, Spinach & Corn Quesadillas
6 whole wheat tortilla shells
2 (15 oz.) cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (12 oz.) can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
2 cups of fresh spinach, shredded
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups shredded vegan Daiya cheddar cheese (or for an extra kick, try the jalapeno havarti Daiya cheese)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay tortillas in a single layer on work surface.
- Mash beans with chipolte pepper. Spread on half of each tortilla.
- Top beans with spinach, corn and cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing top half firmly on filling.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cut each in 4 wedges.
- Serve with Tofutti sour cream and salsa.