Easy Vegan Chili
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 Tbsp salt-free chili powder
- 2 tsp each minced garlic and ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15.5 oz) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp dried cilantro
- Accompaniments: shredded vegan Daiya cheddar cheese, Tofutti sour cream
- Follow instructions on bulgar wheat package to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, pepper and zucchini; sauté 5 minutes. Add chili powder, garlic and cumin; sauté until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth (or water), the tomatoes, pumpkin and corn; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beans and bulgur; heat through. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro.
- Serve with vegan cheddar cheese and sour cream.