Sweet Potato Pancakes
Ingredients (makes about 14 pancakes)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mrs. Buttersworth Lite Maple Syrup
- Smart Balance Vegan Butter
- Microwave sweet potato on high for 6 minutes, or until tender. Remove skin and mash potato with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients, except for the sweet potato, in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add mashed sweet potato to the rest of the ingredients and mix well until mixture is mostly smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup on a hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles break on surface. Turn; cook until golden, or about 3-5 minutes total.
- Keep cooked pancakes in toaster oven at 175 degrees to keep warm until served.
Keep It Sweet & Simple (KISS) Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 of a medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and diced in large chunks
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp each of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heinz No Salt Added Ketchup
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add all veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add tofu and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spices and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.