Moroccan Eggplant with Couscous Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 1 (28 oz) can no salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/4 cups cooked whole wheat pearl couscous
- Combine eggplant and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and zucchini; sauté 6 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add eggplant mixture, chick peas, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, basil, and canned tomatoes to pan; turn down to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add raisins.
- Serve over couscous and top with vegan Parmesan cheese, if desired.